Not sleeping can really impact your appearance and overall health. In addition to causing your eyes to droop and look puffy, not sleeping enough can also lead to obesity, according to various research. Here are five tips for catching up on your beauty sleep.
1. Shut the lights off at least an hour before going to sleep. When you have the lights on, your body remains adjusted to the light and feels as though it should be awake. By turning off the lights, you will be able to gradually prepare your body for wanting to sleep.
2. Stop eating the wrong foods before bedtime. When we are eating a late night snack, many of us reach for the leftover pizza. It is important to keep in mind, however, that what you eat can determine how well you are able to sleep. Try to avoid eating anything for three hours before bed but if you feel the need to, you should try to eat a small piece of fruit or popcorn, which is high in fiber.
3. Try to clear your head of all the stresses in your life. Ever hear the old saying, â€œNever go to bed angryâ€? There is a lot of truth to this. Try to deal with anything that may cause you to feel stressed out, upset, or angry at least a few hours before bedtime.
4. Take a short nap during the day. Keep in mind that a short nap means one hour. The length of the nap is so important because if you nap for longer than an hour, you are going to throw your whole sleep routine off balance. The best thing that you can do is use an alarm when taking a short nap during the day.
5. Avoid drinking anything before bedtime. Just like eating right before bedtime, you will want to avoid drinking anything as well. Otherwise, you can expect to be up all night feeling the urge to urinate as you have dreams about waterfalls. Not drinking anything before bedtime is even more critical than not eating the wrong foods before you try to sleep.
As you can see, there are a number of different ways to increase your chances of getting a good nightâ€™s sleep. Since sleep is so critical to functioning like a regular human being, as you may increase your likelihood of getting into a car crash when you are overly tired, it is important to do all that you can to get a good nightâ€™s sleep. Beauty sleep will also help you out if you are trying to reduce puffy, droopy eyes that you wake up with in the morning.