WELCOME TO THE 2009 LEHIGH LAXFEST! All important information is available now.
NOTE:Â THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BETWEEN NOW AND FRIDAY MORNING (6/19).Â PLEASE VISIT AGAIN AND KEEP VISITING REGULARLY.Â We will keep this page updated with any relevant information, and the impact of that.
Check out the following in its entirety:
1) Weather Policy:Â There is no â€œrain dateâ€ for this event.Â Ath-Ed will not cancel the tournament due to weather.Â In the event of lightning, games will be stopped for a period of time, and will continue when the threat clears.
2) Waivers:Â All coaches have received multiple e-mails from Ath-Ed that waivers are required for all athletes participating in this event.Â With over 6,000 athletes this year, we are trusting that the coaches are being comprehensive in their compliance with this request.Â Ath-Ed Sports, Inc., and Lehigh University do not assume any liability.
Lehigh Laxfest 2009
a) Coaches MUST deliver all waivers to Tournament HQ at time of registration
3) All teams are expected to register at least 1 hour before game time.Â Registration is the responsibility of Team Coaches (not parents or athletes), and this is done at Tournament HQ.Â Upon arrival, you will receive a packet of information to help you navigate through the event efficiently.
4) Site Map:Â Please see the attached site map, which shows all 20 fields.Â It also shows where â€œTournament HQâ€ and the designated â€œTeam Tent Areasâ€ will be located.Â NOTE:Â Tents MUST be staked in designated â€œTeam Tent Areasâ€.Â This will be enforced by campus security.
5) Schedules:Â Attached you will find the schedules for this yearâ€™s event.Â To determine your teamâ€™s starting time and location, please do the following:
a) Open the â€œTeam & Division Legendâ€, and locate what division your team will be playing in.
b) For High School Extended Play teams competing on Saturday Evening, your schedule is attached here.
6) Construction:Â You will notice upon arrival that part of Lehighâ€™s Goodman Campus is under construction as they further upgrade their facilities.Â Please take notice, and stay out of construction areas.
7) Have fun, and play with SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!
Registration is now available for the Lehigh Laxfest 2009.Â Prices are as follows:
High School:Â $1,150
Extended Play:Â $1,550
The Lehigh Laxfest has quickly become one of the premier summer tournaments in the country.Â Last year, teams from 16 states battled in a tournament style format, as over 50 college coaches arrived on Sunday to watch the best competition around compete in the Varsity and Elite brackets.