The McDonalds Monopoly game begins today and the grand prize is $1 million dollars.Â Game pieces are available on all large fries, medium to large fountain drinks, Angus Burgers, and 10 to 20 pieces Chicken McNuggets, and large hot McCafe drinks or with your breakfast hash browns.
Ten critical pieces will be rare and hard to find, and those pieces happen to be the last property, when listed alphabetically, for each color group (except Boardwalk). If you get one of these rare pieces, and if there is only one then youâ€™ve won that prize.Â Finding that key piece is more difficult than it seems. On a website like the Fatwallet ForumsÂ you might find people willing to sell or trade rare pieces to complete a set.
For 2009, the rare pieces (and the prize you can win with that color group) are:
- Mediterranean Avenue ($50 prize, 2000 prizes)
- Short Line Railroad ($500 prize, 750 prizes)
- Vermont Avenue ($1,000 prize, 125 prizes)
- Virginia Avenue ($2,000 prize, 75 prizes)
- Tennessee Avenue ($5,000 prize, 10 prizes)
- Kentucky Avenue ($10,000 prize, 6 prizes)
- Ventnor Avenue ($25,000 prize, 8 prizes)
- Pennsylvania Avenue ($50,000 prize, 4 prizes)
- Golden Avenue ($100K prize)*
- Boardwalk ($1 million dollar prize, 1 prizes)
Â Good luck!