Blizzard Entertainment has come out with yet another content patch for World of Warcraft, bringing the massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMO) to version 2.4.3.
I think the biggest change is the ability to buy a mount at level 30, an ability that used to require level 40. Talk about dumbing down.
What are they trying to do, make everybody and his uncle happy.
The patch was 26 MB worth of download. I have added some general details below:
- Dispel effects will no longer attempt to remove effects that have 100% dispel resistance.
- Parry Rating, Defense Rating, and Block Rating: Low-level players will now convert these ratings into their corresponding defensive stats at the same rate as level 34 players.
- Haris Pilton has launched a new line of bags and jewelry. Check her out in the Worldâ€™s End Tavern!
- Mounts at 30?! Yes, itâ€™s true: Apprentice Riding and mounts are now available at level 30. Training costs 35 gold.
- Blood Elf flightmasters outside of Silvermoon City and Tranquillien have traded in their bats for glorious fire-breathing dragonhawks.
- Alcohol cooldowns have been rolled into Drinks: All 10-second cooldowns have been removed and replaced with the 1-second Drink cooldown.
- Numerous flying non-combat pets have had their flight height modified to no longer skim along the ground: captured firefly, dragonhawk hatchlings, moths, owls, parrots, phoenix hatchling, spirit of summer, sprite darter, and tiny sporebat.
- Nether Ray Fry (a non-combat pet) is now available from the Skyguard Quartermaster. This requires an Exalted reputation with Shaâ€™tari Skyguard.
- Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
- Placing an item in your bank will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress if the spell was cast by that item.
- When a stun wears off, the creature that was stunned will prefer the last target with the highest threat, versus the current target.