“Bachelor Pad” premieres on Monday night, in which fans of “The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette,” and reality TV should get their guilty-pleasure-TV fix.
The show isÂ hosted by Chris Harrison (host of both “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette”) and Melissa Rycroft (former contestant on “The Bachelor”).Â It includes 19Â former contestants from “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” (whom some may refer to as the “rejects,” as they were not chosen) whoÂ reunite under one roof and compete for $250,000 and possibly a second chance at love.Â
The show premieres on Monday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Here is the show description from ABC.com:
There’s a lot of love (and loathing) in the room as fan-favorites, arch-rivals, scheming villains and the sexiest participants from the Bachelor franchise reunite under one roof in a new series to compete for $250,000 and perhaps… a “second chance” at love on ABC’s BACHELOR PAD, premiering MONDAY, AUGUST 9 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET).
The series begins with 19 of the most unforgettable characters from seasons past living together in the Bachelor Pad mansion. Each week, they’ll square off in head-to-head challenges to compete for immunity and the opportunity to go on a date with the contestant of their choice. The winner of the challenge will then grant immunity to one of his or her dates via the presentation of a rose.
At the end of each episode, the contestants will vote amongst themselves to determine which cast members will be eliminated from the competition. The show offers the 19 now-single contestants a “second chance” at finding love, something that didn’t quite work out the first time around.
“Bachelor Pad” Contestants:
- Ashley E.: a 30-year-old teacher who tried to seduce Jake Pavelka in a flight attendant costume on The Bachelor Season 14.
- Craig M.: a 34-year-old dental salesman and already-eliminated villain from The Bachelorette‘s sixth season.
- David G.: a 28-year old entrepreneur who conceived the “man code” and vied for Jillian Harris‘ hand on season 5 of The Bachelorette.
- Elizabeth K: a 30-year-old saleswoman who told Jake Pavelka to kiss her forehead on Season 14 of The Bachelor.
- Gia A.: the 26-year-old swimsuit model who almost made it to the end with Jake on Season 14 of The Bachelor.
- Gwen G.: a project manager from Philadelphia heartbroken by Aaron Burge on The Bachelor’s second season.
- Jesse B.: the sexy 25-year-old contractor from The Bachelorette‘s current sixth season.
- Jesse K.: a 28-year-old winemaker who got romantic with Jillan Harris on a glacier on The Bachelorette‘s fifth season.
- Jessie S.: a 25-year-old cosmetics saleswoman who confronted Rozlyn Papa on the Women Tell All special for The Bachelor‘s fourteenth season.
- Jonathan N: a 31-year-old weatherman from the Bachelorette‘s current season.
- Juan B.: a 37-year-old contractor from the fifth season of The Bachelorette.
- Kiptyn L.: a 32-year-old sales and operations manager with famous washboard abs from The Bachelorette Season 5.
- Krisily K.: a 30-year-old personal assistant who was the runner-up for Charlie O’Connell‘s hand on The Bachelor Season 7.
- Michelle K.: the 26-year-old saleswoman was sent home by Jake Pavelka after a disappointing kiss on The Bachelor‘s 14th season.
- Natalie G.: a 28-year-old bartender from The Bachelor Season 13 who famously told Jason Mesnick, “I like bears.”
- Nikki K.: a 30-year-old adminsistrative assistant from The Bachelor’s 13th season.
- Peyton W.: a sweet, 27-year-old cheerleader apparel saleswoman from The Bachelor’s tenth season.
- Tenley M.: Jake Pavelka‘s second choice on the fourteenth season of The Bachelor.
- Wes H.: a 33-year-old country musician who admitted he joined The Bachelorette‘s fifth season to become famous — not to fall in love with Jillian Harris.
For more about “Bachelor Pad,” click here.
Will you watch “Bachelor Pad?”Â Are you a fan of reality TV and/or “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelorette?”Â What do you think of the cast and the premise of the show?Â Share your comments below.