In an attempt to make Tax Day a little better, some chain restaurants are offering freebies and discounts for customers on April 15.
Some of the chains offering freebies include Cinnabon, Maggie Moo’s,Â Dairy Queen,Â Taco Del Mar, and Starbucks.Â McCormick & Schmick’s, P.F. Chang’s, and Whole Foods all have special discounts on April 15.
Some of the deals are only offered in certain areas.Â Here are some of the Tax Day deals:
- Maggie Moo’s offers small sample slices of its new MaggieMia’s Ice Cream Pizza (ice cream shaped like a pizza) from 3 to 7 p.m. local time.
- Cinnabon will hand out bite-size portions of its new cupcakes from 6 to 8 p.m. local time at participating stores.
- Dairy Queen will give away its new Mini Blizzards from its “Blizzardmobile” from noon to 1 p.m. outside the Washington, D.C. office of the IRS.
- McCormick & Schmick’s has $10.40 food deals all day in its bar.
- P.F. Chang’s has 15% discounts on meals all day, excluding alcohol.
- Whole Foods will pick up sales tax all day on grocery bills at stores in Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia.
- Taco Del Mar, a mostly West Coast chain, gives free tacos all dayÂ to those who download a special coupon at its web site.
- Starbucks will offer free brewed coffee all day for customers with any reusable mug or tumbler; however, this freebie is geared toward the upcoming Earth Day (but still offered on April 15).
Â Know of another Tax Day deal? Share your info below for others.